|Frosty morning in Buffalo WY|
|Heading in to the Busy Bee.|
|Sharon and me checking out the art on the wall.|
After breakfast we decided to take a walk up main street and find the post office as Phyllis wanted to mail some postcards and letters before we got home. Buffalo has maintained its architectural heritage over the years, it's lovely to see these older buildings maintaining the character with which they were built.
|We found the Post Office!|
|Hotel lobby entrance.|
|Occidental Hotel lobby|
|Andrew and Phyllis enjoying a game of chess...|
|Parked in front of the Occidental Hotel. Busy Bee is on the far left.|
|Westward bound towards Billings MT.|
|At a quiet Harlowton Rest Area.|
|On the road to Great Falls|
|Tim Horton's we missed you!|
We arrived home quite late but we were looking forward to sleeping in our own beds for the first time in almost three weeks! Tomorrow I'll have a look at the car and see if I can figure out what's causing the miss.
Here's a few numbers for for the statistically minded:
- Distance travelled: 11,1118km / 6908 miles
- Highest elevation reached: 2388m / 7834 ft at Raton Pass
- Lowest elevation: 32m / 107ft below sea level in the Baltimore tunnel
- Highest temperature: 38ºC/100ºF between New Orleans and San Antonio
- Lowest temperature: below 0ºC / 32ºF in Moose Jaw SK on the first night and Buffalo WY on the last night
- States visited: 21 (plus DC) 11 of which we hadn't been to before. We have now driven a Festiva in 36 of the lower 48 states!
- Provinces visited: 2, one we live in and one we've been to before
- Festivas seen other than at the North Carolina meet: ZERO!!!
|The drive home from Buffalo WY!|